- About ISAS
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Activities | Literary & Quiz Club
Students’ Clubs Inaugurated at Seeb School
She spoke about speaking and the students listened to her, mesmerized. The occasion was the auspicious inauguration of the Literary and the Quizzing Clubs of Indian School Al Seeb and the charismatic persona was Ms. Kerry Maddock, the Managing Director of the Apexmedia & Publishing. Club activities have been initiated recently in the school with the help of the visionary approach of Mr. George Mathew, the President of the School Management Committee and the efforts made by the school’s staff under the leadership of the officiating Principal Mr. Nagesh Kelkar. Ms. Kerry Maddock unveiled the logos of the clubs and gave a highly inspirational talk on the art of public speaking.
Earlier the programme began with the lighting of the lamp by the Chief Guest followed by a formal welcome note by the school’s Head Girl, Srivalli Valiveti. Hind Rasheed, the Convener of the Literary Club talked about the status and importance of women in the society. Sneha Kanta, the Asstt. Secretary of the club rendered her own poem to enthrall the members. Stevin Varghese, the Assistant Head Boy of the school conducted a short quizzing activity loaded with fun which was well responded by the members.
The school choir entertained the audience with their mellifluous number, ‘Come on boys, come on girls’. Ms. Kerry Maddock, in her speech, highlighted the important factors to be kept in mind while preparing for a speech and when one is actually on the platform. The best part of her speech was her simplicity, her affinity with the members and her ability to understand the mind of a nervous speaker. In fact, the way she spoke was a classic example of an ideal speech. She gave certain key tips to the students to overcome the problems of lack of confidence and nervousness. The various club activities have been started in the school with the aim to provide a variety and excitement to the otherwise monotonous academic life of students. They are a wonderful opportunity for the students to have a network of themselves to interact with the like-minded people, explore their personal interests and develop their leadership skills. The programme ended with a formal thank-you note given by Henna Thabassum, Secretary of the Quizzing Club. The whole show was anchored by the Literary Club’s secretary, Nandini Balaji.
The Objectives of Quiz Club:
1. Quiz Club aims at conducting quality Quizzing because it firmly believes that it is of the prominent ways of channelizing the interests of the students in all the spheres of life beyond the confines of prescribed syllabi.
2. Quiz Club aims at promoting interests among all its members – students in order to enhance their general knowledge considerably.
3. Quiz Club inculcates a passion and thirst for quizzing thereby tries to encourage them to gain adequate knowledge and exposure.
4. Quiz Club aims at identifying the students who are talented in quiz and creating opportunities for them to sharpen their quizzing skills.
5. Quiz Club also aims at establishing a concrete platform by enabling all its’ members sufficient opportunities to represent the school in all Inter-School Quiz Contests conducted by various institutions and organizations.
6. Quiz Club aims at developing the over –all personality of member students. It firmly believes that academics comprise of not only classroom teaching-learning activities and text books but extra -curricular skills too.
7. The Quiz Club aims at creating deep sense of curiosity among the young ones in order to get to the root of the existing atmosphere.
8. Quiz Club aims at exploring the possibilities of maximizing the efficacy of its student members.
9. Quiz Club works at generating awareness about the need and significance of 'up-date knowledge'.
10. Last but not the least, it prepares all student members competent enough to face the fast moving competitive world by motivating them to take part in all competitive examinations and emerge victorious.